My magazine was aimed at young girls as it was a pop magazine which would appeal more to a female audience. I used a young, attractive female model which would appeal to the audience.
My works consisted of a portfolio that showed photographs I had taken, my questionnaire I created and many magazine covers, articles and contents pages that I had analysed. There was lots of planning to be involved with when creating my magazine. However, I wish I had put more effort into my planning as my overall project would have been better. I learnt many skills when producing my project such as:
- Print work
- Adobe Photoshop skills
I learnt many connotations and conventions within magazines such as:
- Images chosen
- Using an attractive female to appear to a female audience to buy the magazine, such as Naomi Wolf (1990) using erotic images of women to sell products to
- Only using one picture of a model used because if there was more than one it would look unattractive and cramped, having just using text makes it look
- The pose used
- Three different fonts used or more
- The price, date and bar code
- Website provided
- Hook to buy the magazine
- The title used are bold and stand out
If I chose to do this project again, I would make sure I put more effort into it and spent monger on the project to try and perfect it.
This year I wish to build on my Photoshop skills and photography skills, whilst learning skills with filming and editing. I will use a digital camera to film my work which will be a horror teaser trailer and produce a magazine cover for the film and a poster to promote the film, I will use Adobe photoshop tp design this.